The WE Movement is thankful for the tremendous support that it has received over the last seven months! Without the support from people like you, it is hard to imagine how we could have touched the lives of so many people in need. With a renewed sense of spirit and firm commitment to continue helping people, 2011 looks promising.
With many economists still bearish about the prospect for significant economic growth, coupled with the changing political environment pointing toward increased austerity, only together can we help those most in need…and those most vulnerable…from falling through the cracks. The WE Movement’s flagship HELP4U online platform provides an excellent opportunity to reshape how products and services are linked to the people seeking them – especially during these challenging economic times.
So, how can you help? Here are just a few simple things that you can do:
- Tell your colleagues and friends about the WE Movement and ask them to join; there is no cost to join but the benefits are invaluable.
- Encourage area nonprofits in your community to create profiles on our HELP4U platform, so that people seeking products and services can learn more about them.
- Become a WE Champion in your community by volunteering your energy, expertise and time where it is needed the most.
- Alert the WE Movement when events are planned to allow us to help promote them.
- And never give up hope that together, we can surly make a meaningful difference in the lives of people who have lost hope, or are in need of a little help.
The foundation of the WE Movement’s success is built on shared values; it is our shared values, after all, that allow us to look beyond that what divides us and focus on the things that unite us. One of the most basic tenants of the WE Movement is people helping people. Over the last three months, we have used our weekly blog to highlight many of these worthwhile initiatives.
With so many vulnerable populations needing help – such as the homeless, people with disabilities, domestic violence victims, Veterans returning from Iraq & Afghanistan and communities recovering from natural disasters, just to name a few – we have our work cut out for us! But by coordinating resources and harnessing the power of the World Wide Web with tools like HELP4U communities stand to increase the likelihood that these vulnerable populations are served.
So as the WE Movement looks toward 2011, reflect on how best you can help your community…and we will be right there waiting to help you.
We have joined, will you? Learn more at http://www.wemovement.org/.